Tuesday, November 8, 2011

BONGO FLAVA MPAKA CONGO...HERE IS "SELF KUWA"


Self Kuwa means Self Be, Kuwa is a Swahili word that means Be. I’m

originally from Uvira, D.R.C, now doing my thing in Louisville,
Kentucky. My love for Hip Hop began at the age of 14 after being
introduced to Hip Hop by my Cousin (Raymond) it started off as just
love for the music. In February 2009 the Americana community Center
open a Hip Hop class where we talk about Hip Hop in general, Record
Original Songs and that’s where I met local Dj/Producer Yared also
known as Yaredsound and the metaphysicians of Hip-Hop CPHR DVN who
taught me a lot of things about writing Lyrics. At the age of 16 I
began to write my own lyrics to my favorite beats and 10 months later
I released my first Mixtape Title ‘’The Beginner Boy’’ . Couple things
that separate me from other artists is that when I write my lyrics in
English or Swahili I always try to stay positive, do my best and never
want to imitate other artists, I just want to do me and what’s right
for my community. Artists that inspired and influenced me are Talib
Kweli, K’naan, CPHR DVN, Sugu aka Mr II, Professor Jay, X Plastaz, Fid
Q, Mwana Fa, Madee & LBT. Follow me on Facebook, twitter @selfkuwa,
for more info about what I’m working on.

DOWNLOAD HIS SONG HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DEE BᵘᵐZ®

Template by:
Free Blog Templates